The Michigan Hunter Education Safety Program as sanctioned by the Michigan Department of Natural Resources is conducted at LC & SA multiple times a year by our qualified and certified instructors. The IBEP Bow Hunter Safety Certification is now included in our program.
Specific dates and times are posted on the calendar as they become available.
The Hunter Safety Class is held over the two days listed, however, if you take take the class online and need to complete the Field Day portion of the training, please attend only the second day of the LC & SA class as detailed below.
The dates for 2014 Hunter Safety Courses offered at LC & SA are as follows:
- April 12 - 13, 2014 - (April 13 is the Field Day Class)
- May 17-18, 2014 - (May 18 is the Field Day Class)
Some more dates may be added as scheduled.
Registration for upcoming courses is available by filling out the appropriate online registration form accessible by clicking on the links on this page or from the link provided at the LC & SA calendar event. The registration form is only available as classes are scheduled. Each class is limited to eighty(80) students, so register early. Please fill out a separate online registration form for each individual attending the course. You will be automatically registered for the course and your information will be sent to the course instructors. A full list of students registered for the course can be viewed on the respective LC & SA Calendar Event.
The official Michigan DNR Student/Parent/Guardian Agreement form can be downloaded at this link. If possible, please fill out this form completely and bring it with you to the class.
Here are some basic details and answers to questions often asked about the LCSA Hunter Safety Course:
- Cost: $10.00 per person.
- Duration & Time: The class typically runs two days; 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m; please plan to arrive at 8:15 a.m. to fill out paperwork etc. on the first day of the course.
- Lunch is provided on both days of the course.
- There is no age limit for attendees, just as long as the younger kids have the attention span and can retain the information provided by the instructors.
- Parents are encouraged to attend the entire course with their children.
If you require further details or have question not answered above, please enter them in the 'Remarks' section of our online registration form, and our instructors will answer them for you.